As we approach Thanksgiving Day and start to gather to visit with family and eat feasts, I want to give thanks for some theatrical bounty that’s heading my way. Next week, the first week of December, I will have five productions on the board, all at the same time!
Here’s what’s happening next week:
- Santa Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, A Very Phoenix Christmas, Phoenix Theatre, Indianapolis, IN.
- Santa Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, Suburban Holidays New Plays Festival, Quannapowitt Players, Reading, MA .
- Santa Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, Hard Candy Christmas Short Play Festival, Charles Stewart Howard Playhouse, Woodland Hills, CA.
- Quack, SLAM Boston by Open Theatre Project, December 3, at Boston Playwrights Theatre.
- Distant Neighbors will be produced by Fresh Ink at Boston Playwrights Theatre, opening December 5th.
It feels kind of crazy to think of my work reaching audiences in so many cities at the same time. In Boston, it’s actually even crazier, because on December 3, Quack will be in SLAM Boston in the front theatre space at Boston Playwrights’ Theatre, and I’ll be in tech for Distant Neighbors right down the hall, in the back theatre. So when it’s time, I’m hoping to duck out of rehearsal and stick my head in to catch Quack and then run back to see how the tech and alien spaceships are coming along.
Kind of a wild week, but very much the good kind.