Here are a bunch of links to news stories, blog posts, reviews and even a few radio and audio recordings about me and my work:
WBUR reporter Jessica Alpert put together a great story about the T Plays series that I was part of in 2010. She followed me around while I was riding on the T, writing my play.
Zack Calhoun did a nice interview with me for the New York production of Curse the Darkness on his blog, Visible Soul, in his People You Should Know series.
Adam Szymkowicz interviewed me for his I Interview Playwrights series (I was number 74).
When the One-Minute Play Festival was in town, I got to write a fun guest blog post for them.
I did a mini-blog tour for the e-book of Tornado Siren on:
- Diana Renn’s blog. (Diana’s YA novel, Tokyo Heist, comes out this summer)
- Lori Foster’s On writing, living and loving. She writes so beautifully about motherhood, but she writes about the author’s life, too.
- Donna Hoke’s My life as a wordsmith. She writes plays, books, and crossword puzzles.
Laura Axelrod, a writer whom I’ve known for years, ran a eight-part interview with me on her blog, Gasp!. We talked about writing novels and plays and life and God and all that good stuff.
The folks at QueryTracker.net really liked the query that I used to find my agent, and included it in this post on Conveying Characters in Query Letters. (it was fun to be included)
The Massachusetts Cultural Council interviewed me about becoming a Huntington Playwriting Fellow and writing for Emerging America on the ArtsSake blog.
- My playwrights group, Rhombus, was featured in this article in the Boston Phoenix
- Insomnia is mentioned in this brief article about its NYC production
- This review of Insomnia in the Classical Voice of North Carolina said it was “brilliantly imaginative and wonderfully whimsical.”
- This Boston Phoenix review of the Boston Theatre Marathon has a nice mention and photo of Den of Iniquity.
- This Boston Phoenix review of Blinders says that “playwright Patrick Gabridge uses the scalpel of comedy to disassemble the media machine that often churns out propaganda.” and other nice things.
- This TheatreMania review of the Boston Theatre Marathon felt that Den of Iniquity was a clear audience favorite.
- This review from the Theatre Mirror gives much deserved kudos to the cast from the 2005 Boston production of Blinders.
- Tornado Siren got a great review on the hip site, Ink19.
- And it got a nice write up on Curled Up with a Good Book, too.
In addition to writing, I’m also heavily involved with urban gardening and farming. The Brookline TAB put together a fun video about the 200 Foot Garden Project that I helped start in 2009.